8.29.2008

Bridesmaid revisited/2

Fall 1998. Long, gold satin empire-waisted dress with large bow over the bum (really). Matching gold satin wrap. Chopsticks with fake flowers Krazy-glued to the end.

What I was thinking:
"Hummm. What is this now? Fourth bridesmaid experience? I can't believe it took me four tries before I got a dress with a bow on the butt. And if I lean just a little over that-a-ways, there's my ex in his tuxedo standing as the best man. What better conditions for being caught in a gold satin dress with a bow on the butt? Am I still standing here? I hope the faux marble background brings out my eyes. What? Is that the sound of my ex seething and hating me? Why, yes it is! Maybe I'll get to hear it allll day long. Can I start drinking yet?"

Note:
The dress was eventually recycled. I cut it up into triangles and made quilt-style pillow cases with the fabric. Two of them are currently adorning the back seat of my car (you know, for passengers!)

5 comments:

dina said...

I wanna see the bow on the butt!

ad said...

You have no idea of the effort it took to avoid any camera angles that might include the bow on my butt.

Wings said...

I second Dina's motion. All in favour?

ad said...

No mutiny allowed!

Tha Connoisseur said...

I am sitting here dying and reminiscing BIG TIME, because I remember the stories told after the weddings...lol Oh man Adri...PRECIOUS!