- Simplify physical instructions - say "lengthen" rather than "extend"
- Avoid anatomical terms - most people don't know where their femur is
- Make prop use mandatory
- Focus on proper breathing techniques
The first bite. The rush of flavour that floods your tastebuds.
Food is health and well-being, but also pleasure and comfort. It feeds my body, but it feeds my mental well-being as well. Especially when shared with friends.
I feel as if I should watch this video every day.
When I started watching, I thought, "Oh, everyone is going to say Hawaii or the like." As the first Brit hemmed and hawed, I nearly stopped watching - "Okay guy, you need to wake up in a place with better hairstylists."
But then he said the loveliest thing and my heart melted.
And kept melting with each new face. I just never expected the variety of answers this question would provoke.
In my sometimes-cynical way, I reckoned that this question was really about how happy you are in your life. I knew that unhappy people would certainly want to escape their life, but I hadn't thought about what the happy people would say. So when I heard, "In my own bed", I was left speechless. And not just from one person either - numerous people answered the exact same thing.
Because it's not only about happiness - it's also about being in the present moment. That video caught me while I was floating - ungrounded - and then it brought me back to the beauty of now. I am grateful to have found it.
On a final note, I too would like to live on a planet of cheese.
- What you really want to do.
- What you really don't want to do.
- Who you want to be with.
- Who your real friends are.
- How to make your ideal life happen.
- What's happiness?
- And how you intend to find it.
*Joseph Boyden, Through Black Spruce
*Markys Zusak, The Book Thief
*Claire Holden Rothman, The Heart Specialist
- Why do I feel compelled to apply full make-up before going to MAC? I'm afraid that if I go there with nothing on my face, they'll deem me unworthy of the Lucky Green eye shadow I want. "No eyeshadow for you!"
- I love getting my eyebrows threaded. It's the whole experience. Lovely young Indian woman leaning over you, quietly humming some Hindu love song, her hair smelling of coconut oil. I often get a little sleepy on the bed...
- Why are compliments so important? Yes, it's important to love yourself first and best etc., but have you noticed that when you don't get any compliments from the opposite/desired sex for a period of time, it's sometimes harder to pick yourself up? You feel all *moche* and look for ways to make yourself feel more attractive (see points 1 and 2). I used to think that compliments are frivolous, but then I read this:
Compliments exert enormous influence in the exchange of good will between people. They generate mutual feelings of happiness and joy between the givers and recipients. Compliments to others are like small gifts we give ourselves when we pay attention to how we appreciate those around us. Paying a sincere compliment to someone makes you very attractive.
- Miss Chievous has the best-est video make-up tutorials.
- Yoga - whether practicing, assisting or teaching - almost every day. And tango starts next week!
- Am now a bona fide member of the Plateau-Mont Royal library, so reading lots.
- Cooking most of my own meals and eating almost exclusively at home.
- Did some research into massage training courses and more yoga training workshops for later this year.
- How to tell my teacher - a woman I respect and admire - that I can't take her class anymore without feeling like a failure? Like I didn't try hard enough?
- create a fair balance between freelance writing and creative writing
- make optimal use of the time dedicated to creative writing
- not put undue pressure on myself about creative output (or lack thereof)
- What would Character A do in this situation?
- How would Character B react to this statement?
- What happens next?