8.19.2008

Raw

I feel very raw these days. Like my skin has thinned, like my nerve endings have pushed their way closer to the surface. My muscles are perpetually sensitive, ready to react to any stimulus.

A stray hair falls on my arm and I swat at my bicep as if a small insect were padding along my skin.

My toes curl at the first whisper of cold.

I can feel the blood pulsing through my wrists.

I got caught in the rain on Monday night as I biked home from yoga and every drop felt like a tiny stone. When I peeled off my sopping wet t-shirt, there was a red abrasion where my yoga mat had chafed against my chest...

And no, it's not pre-menstrual, thanks for asking.

I think I'm waking up to something new. It's not foreboding, I don't think. What's the word for a premonition of something good? That's the word I'm feeling in my body right now. All over. And like crazy.


NB. I've started Season Five of The Wire - my big excitement for the week! I don't care what they say on the Stuff White People Like blog. And I also have Season One of Sports Night with the dreamy Peter Krause to look forward to.

1 comment:

ad said...

I'm wrong. It is foreboding.
I haven't felt this unstable in a long time, but I'm going to ride it out on my magic surfboard...