4.06.2009

Mixed tapes

In my universe, mixed tapes - or mixed CDs - are considered a token of great affection. I've received them as birthday presents, as thank yous for staying at my house*, and sometimes for no reason at all.

That someone would pour time and effort putting together a collection of songs they hope I'll/want me to like is a grand gesture that leaves me speechless every time.

I always joke that my love of a mix is so great, I'd accept a mixed tape instead of an engagement ring.

So what kind of lovely, I-made-it-myself gifts make your heart race with happiness?

*Rachel K, you still rock the mixed tape universe!

(Create your own mixed tape image here)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I concur on the mixed tape sentiment! But then again, I am sure you knew I would.

ad said...

As soon as I hit Publish, I could hear you giving me a hearty, Thank You Very Much, from across the distance...

rachel k said...

do you still have a tape player? 'cause i long to make another tape!

ad said...

Only the tape deck in my car - where I listen to the other two you gave me.

(you do know that I love you like crazy even if you don't make me mixed tapes, right?)

rachel k said...

i feel the love. i'm just tired of making mix cds and am itching to make a new tape.

ad said...

If you can even find a cassette tape, I will happily partake of it.