4.20.2009

My first tango shoes!

I know, I know... nothing fancy, but I wanted a strong shoe that could help me really learn the skills. I'll eventually work my way up to Comme il faut, but for now, these Blochs will do.

Also, I never wear high heels, so I need to train my feet with a little height at a time.

Lastly, I have found a solution! There's a very reputable tango studio in Old Montreal that has a practica on Sunday afternoons between 4-6pm. Apparently one of the best teachers there is also a yogi at AYM, so I feel even better about the decision.

I can't wait to take these shoes dancing.

6 comments:

Mari said...

I have the open-toed version of these shoes and they're so comfy! Of course I've wearing the be-jeezus out of them lol.

ad said...

They are plain - but very attractive on the foot, I find :)

Anonymous said...

You have very good instincts ad! The goal is not to think at all while dancing. And if you get shoes that are not comfortable, they will be the only thing filling your mind.

Take it slow - as you are doing. You have the rest of your life to discover what works for you. And although CIFs are marketed as the apex of Tango footwear, they are not for everybody :-)

ad said...

Thank you for saying that, Johanna. The other girls in my class had fancier salsa type shoes. I wondered if I was doing the right thing.

So comfortable those Blochs!

All I want to do is be able to plant my foot solidly enough to make my ochos more *wow*. I think the leather-soled shoes will help.

zura said...

Beautiful. I have to find a use for the gorgeous pair of flamenco shoes currently sitting in my closet.

ad said...

Oooh, a new blog to read... http://zurants.wordpress.com/