6.02.2009

Day Three - Yoga teacher training

As the days go by, the 26 students in the teacher training program are slowly getting to know one another. There's a lot of "I'm sorry, what's your name again?" and "Where are you from?", but no one minds answering.

Today, I got to talking with Van and she said something extraordinary:

"The yoga studio is the only place where there is no gap between what I'm doing and who I want to be."

Can many of us say the same about our own work? Can you?

Ps. I know, I know, I'm fixating on the Icelandic poppies. But more stuff is blooming soon, so there will be more variety shortly.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great quote.

And what a great flower? Do Islandic poppies grow in the shade?

ad said...

Sadly... no. But come by and enjoy mine!

Unknown said...

See Ad, if you would have stayed in the office, you would't be having these ankward conversations... ;)

Seriously, have fun on your training and remember that I will use your stapler without restraint.

Come back soon and make me some texts, woman!

ad said...

Be gentle on my stapler please :)
She's delicate...

Alston Adams said...

Your stapler's a girl! That's so cute! Why is that?

Verification word: prefran.

"Prefran, there was Sally. Presally, there was Jennifer..."

Anonymous said...

"Make me some texts, woman?" What's happened over there? It seemed so cultured and civilized once.

Anne C.

ad said...

My beloved stapler has my office nickname on it: Trout. And she's a girl, because I'm a girl.

There was no PreTrout. Trout was my first stapler :)

Not a lot of women in the office, sometimes the men get a little "testosterone-y". It's cute, really.

Alston Adams said...

Trout...fish...girls...anyway...

Verification word = rebod. This seems a little easy.

ad said...

There's a good story behind Trout. I'll tell it to you sometime... it's not gross, I promise.