6.21.2009

Homesick

What? You don't know that I've been taking a yoga teacher training course for the last three weeks? Read previous installments here, here and here.

First, the disclaimers:

I am privileged to be participating in this yoga teacher training program. Not everyone has the means or the time for such an endeavor. I am very lucky.

I also have the privilege of going through this experience with 25 charming, intuitive and entertaining people who never fail to support me with their spontaneous hugs, good advice, crazy jokes and free massages.

I have learned vast amounts of information in the last couple weeks thanks to wonderful teachers who have given us so much of their time and energy.

I have even - against all odds - become friends with my body.

That being said, I am definitely homesick. I miss my friends, I miss my old pleasures, and I definitely miss my old rhythm. So the following list is not a complaint about the rigours of the TT program, it's a love letter to all the friends and adventures waiting for me on the other side.

I miss:
  • spending late nights on my back balcony
  • cruising around Mtl with my girls and Timmy HoHo
  • falling into the sounds streaming from my iPod
  • french fries from Rumi
  • afternoon Gmail chats about robot zombie lizards
  • collecting the nacho chip tax at the office
  • making baked goodies for my coworkers
  • wearing bangles, occasionally applying mascara
  • chasing my niece and nephew until they almost throw up
  • And so many others...
Five more days until I come down from this yoga high and am thrown back into the real world. The real challenge will be finding a way to combine all my old pleasures with my new pleasures.

2 comments:

ad said...

Obviously, I've still been spending plenty of time in my garden...

Unknown said...

To tell the truth, I was wondering what to do with all those extra chips... Guess I'll have to give them to Marco as a going away gift.