3.12.2008

The Jackson Five: Remedy for winter blahs

It has recently come to my attention that many of you are suffering from the winter blues. But don't despair!

When the relentless snow, impassable streets, and wet feet are dragging your spirits down, there is only one remedy: The Jackson Five.

I particularly recommend I want you back.



Not only is it impossible to sit still while the piano, guitar and tambourine blend to create that unmistakeable funky-island-pop beat, but the way in which Michael Jackson’s tender voice wraps itself around the lyrics is truly spellbinding.

Such intensity from such a tiny boy… And yet, knowing his age doesn’t take away from the authenticity of the feeling at all. It’s endearing and heartbreaking and you want nothing more than to call that silly girl and insist she take him back already.

And don't get me started on the kick-ass bass line!

Oh, and if you prefer ABC, I remind you that it’s the song playing during that memorable scene from Clerks II when the delectable Rosario Dawson is dancing on the roof. Summer afternoon. Beautiful girl in a tank top. Watch this to keep warm…


7 comments:

Steve said...

To increase the variety of your Jackson 5 wanting you back pleasure, allow me to share KT Tunstall's fine live cover of the song

dina said...

Thank you sweets, I needed that!

ad said...

The purple hat does quite a lot...

Tha Connoisseur said...

Ok, so I am sitting in the warmth in NYC and I have no idea what you are talking about snow-wise. Sorry!! But my comment below is meant for your choice of songs, because you KNOW I loves me my Michael (gorgeous, bona fide black, afro Michael.)

Ever see the juice commercial where the little girl drinks all the McCains fruit punch that the little boy wanted? If you know what I'm talking about, then you will enjoy this:

I LOVE YOU. : )

ad said...

You forgot the link - don't keep me hanging!

He was such a handsome boy - why? WHY?

I love you too babee!

Tha Connoisseur said...

Oh I'm sorry, I honestly didn't mean to leave a link in the first place! However, I did find the link on You Tube for the commercial. It's one of my favs!! Enjoy! And sorry if I didn't copy the link properly. I apologize in advance! If it doesn't work, you can search by Mccain Cool Quenchers I Love You Arm Wrestle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10WdSmMm55I&feature=related

L,

amc

ad said...

Oooh, I remember it now! Thanks for the laugh. It makes the freezing rain less... freezing.

ad xx