3.18.2008

Top five songs of the week

Dis-moi au revoir encore by Eleni Mandell
As if Eleni Mandell couldn't get any cuter, now she's recorded two tracks in French. Her charming California pronunciation of French syllables is a magical spell. Uh-oh... I'm developing another girl crush...

Underdog
by Spoon
If my current husband - Clive Owen - doesn't change his wandering ways, I may drop him for Britt Daniel, the ridiculously prolific and extremely talented lyricist and lead vocalist for Spoon. Apparently, the tousled-blond really-smart Texas thing goes a long way with me. Hand claps, a brass section - che bello! 

Bonus: I've always liked Spoon videos, and the one they put together for Underdog is probably my favourite - check it out on YouTube. Check out Daniel's sexy slouch over the guitar.

In your eyes by Peter Gabriel
Still guts me after all these years. If you haven't listened to it in a while, refresh your musical memory immediately. Don't be alarmed if you get a sudden urge for a make-out.

DJ play my song by Jully Black
Support Canadian talent! Here's to a kick-ass voice and the nicest legs in R&B. The biography on Jully Black's official site states: 

Jully Black has the look of a woman that's come into her own. She carries herself with an unshakable air of confidence... She has the look of a woman in love with life and full of passion for music... of a woman embracing her destiny, a woman fulfilling the promise of her youth.

If that describes you - or someone you'd like to become - then have a listen.

My fair weather friend by the Blue Seeds
It's the free single of the week on iTunes. Get it immediately! I love chick bands.



And a shout out out out to Monsieur Fortier - who launched his second album this very evening at La quai des brumes. My iPod will be eating it up tomorrow.

No comments: