7.19.2008

New word!

Strapadictomy (strap-a-dic-to-my, pronunciation key: strap-uh-dik-tuh-mee): Surgical procedure through which a patient is implanted with a penis.

This is how Powell and I made up a new word today:

Powell: I'm the only person in the world whose cat has had a sex change operation.

Me: Poor Alfie.

Powell: You mean Alfina.

Me: I bet you he's mad. Erm, she's mad. First the castration, now this...

Powell: Probably just wishing 'Someone strap a dick to me!"

Me: Did you just say 'get a strapadictomy'? That's hilarious, Row! Do you get the wordplay?

Powell: I said STRAP A DICK TO ME.

Me: I though you said 'strapadictomy', like an operation, like an appendectomy. But with adding a penis instead.

Powell: Lord, that is clever. I am quite good... But Palanca, I say, your hearing is terrible...


Feminin-ish squabbling ensued, Fadi had to break us up, buy us popsicles, etc., but we were still quite pleased with ourselves. If this isn't enough culture for you, check out Slate's new Open Book project.

1 comment:

rachel k said...

i laughed out loud. you and row crack my shizit up! (rachel)