2.03.2009

Tango lesson 2

What I learned in tango today:
  • There's no need to apologise all the time. Give one blanket "sorry" at the beginning and let the dancing begin.
  • Tango is about lines. Straight. Forward. Sideways. Diagonal. No circles or swirling. Lines. This is not a salsa class, missy!
  • To dance tango, the woman must listen to her partner's body. If you concentrate your attention on his energy, you will easily 'hear' the direction you're supposed to move in.
  • Heels together, toes slightly apart.
  • "Make your decision and move!"
  • I would like a tango shoe with polka dots. White on black. With a little red trim maybe.

2 comments:

msHedgehog said...

I'm with you on the polka dots:

White on black polka dots

Red on black polka dots, with a little cork platform

I have another style with the same cork platform and I love it - I can dance in them for a long time - but some people can't get on with it.

ad said...

Does the cork add comfort? Hmm... so polka-dotty!