8.24.2009

Cherry tomatoes

It has been a rotten day. Mostly.

I add the "mostly" because blanket statements are inaccurate - and ultimately harmful. Even on the worst of days, if you are open to looking, you'll find moments of lightness.

As I drove to NDG tonight, muttering angrily to myself, I resolved to find something about this day that I could love. At first I tried to think of something that might cheer me up, but after a few minutes, I decided to just let the happy find me.

And it did, in my mother's garden, when I spotted these cherry tomatoes strung along the vine like lanterns. I also saw some baby eggplants further back that looked pretty happy - but I was deterred by a mammoth spider web.

I can't wait til the cherry tomatoes have ripened. Bet they're going to taste like happy too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're too friggen cute!

ad said...

Gots to admit - those are some nice tomaters!