8.03.2009

Four things to know about Adriana

Have you ever sat down and made a list of your particular quirks? I have - and thought I might share it with you all in the interest of improving our friendship. That is, if you know the following stuff about me, you're less likely to get all flustered with me.
  • Walking time. If you ask me how long it will take to walk somewhere, automatically add 5-10 minutes to whatever time I tell you. This inability to correctly estimate travel time is due to two factors: (1) I have a naturally fast walk, and (2) I'm terrible with estimating time (which may also impact point three on this list).
  • Toilet paper. So you're using my facilities and there doesn't seem to be any toilet paper left. Before you start hollering, check the top of the tank, the top of the radiator and the edge of the tub first. I am notoriously bad at replacing the toilet paper roll, but there's always a roll closeby.
  • Making rice. I can never remember how to make rice. On the heat, off the heat, stir, don't stir...ack! Please don't be shy - help me make rice whether we're at my house or yours. I will really appreciate the help.
  • Walking straight. If we're walking down the sidewalk together and it feels like I'm slowly pushing you into the street, don't worry! I'm not trying to kill you - I just walk crooked. Simply let me know or gently guide me back to the straight path.
I'm sure there's more. Stay tuned.

No comments: