9.20.2009

Changes, changes, changes...

The waters, I am glad to report, are starting to clear.

After a heartfelt conversation with my boss and a mini-brainstorm with our production director, it has been decided that I will soon begin working a 3-day week at the agency.

The arrangement that we're testing will force my project managers to do a little more advance planning, but it's flexible enough to keep projects on schedule. The bonus is that I have the structure of office work, all the while having the freedom to work on the projects nearest and dearest to my heart.

It will also ensure that I earn a fixed amount of $$$ each week. (A girl's still gotta eat, apparently.)

So what will I do with all this valuable time I've been gifted with?
  • Finish revising the novel and start shopping it around.
  • Get working on a few short story ideas I have banging about.
  • Refine my yoga practice.
  • Teach yoga.
How else will my life be changing?
  • Expenses must be cut! cut! cut!
  • This means less eating out in restos. The silver lining? More entertaining at home. I've already had two luscious group of ladies come over for eats this weekend and it was dreamy. Can't wait to see your face at the door sometime soon :)
Oh, and if you see this man on the street, please let him know that he is a wonderful boss indeed. Goodness knows, I can't thank him enough.

*Pic of Valencia, Spain borrowed from http://snipurl.com/pic-dkbooks

5 comments:

roseanne said...

Oooooh, congratulations! It's a big step to revise your life and cut back on financial comforts. But it sounds like you have some interesting projects that are worth investing your time in. Enjoy!

Moon and Sparrow Sandy said...

Yay! I was one of the luscious ladies that dined and will definitely be coming back. Also can't WAIT to hear about the novel. Am censuring this comment.

ad said...

Sandy: Did your comment involve New Orleans??

Etienne Denis said...

Adriana,

You wrote "Oh, and if you see this man on the street, please let him know that he is a wonderful boss indeed."

Considere this as "Done!".

I've got an e-mail from client saying "Tu devrais être fier que tes employés vantent leur patron sur leur blog perso. Gratifiant..."

ad said...

Waaaooowww!