11.11.2009

Everything that went right

We all have our "bad" days. Days when you can't seem to get anything right, when everyone is apparently out to get you. But however bad your day may be, the blanket statement "I had a really bad day" is never truly accurate.

Truth be told - in the 10,000 tiny events that happen every day, not every single one of them were "bad". Chances are, the majority of those events were probably positive or neutral.

So to temper this tendency to say, "What an awful day!", I decided to make a photographic record of things that went right during a 24-hour period.

Kusmi has opened a tea shop on St-Denis. I bought some delicious Prince Vladimir tea.


I repotted a plant that was slowly being eroded by nutrient-poor earth. Now she's standing tall and green. Doesn't she look happy?


I ate some really delicious Lindt chocolate.


One of our project managers came back from vacation with nice new glasses. Perks up the office, you know?


That's just some of the stuff that put a smile on my face lately. An accumulation of good things - no matter how small they may seem - definitely amounts to a positive day, no?

5 comments:

ad said...

My pre-emptive apologies to Steve, who will undoubtedly wonder why he didn't make the final photo cut.

Steve: You make me laugh every day!

Unknown said...

Not good enough for the main post, you have to send me to the "comment section" hmphhh ;)

You know you make me laugh too

Mari said...

I *love* this!! You're so right - what a wonderful idea!

ad said...

Mari: Would your list include shoes? :)

Alston Adams said...

Looks vaguely like Rachel Maddow.

Verification word: Rewoom. Definition: reverse hysterectomy.