11.14.2009

You know you live in the Plateau when...

...you can't go out of the house without running into someone you know.

Back when I lived in NDG/Montreal West, I could run out to the pharmacy wearing dirty sweatpants and my hair pulled back into a sloppy ponytail. The chances of running into someone I knew were slim - and there certainly weren't any attractive/available men wandering the Cote-St-Luc Shopping Centre.

I could have worn a potato sack. No one would have noticed.

Right now I need a few things from PA, but I'm too lazy to get properly dressed, etc.

Maybe if I put on a little blush?

2 comments:

Eco Yogini said...

so fun! while I lived in the plateau, I NEVER saw anyone that I knew (probably cuz i was a grad student at the time). I felt I could walk around in a clown suit and no one would notice.
the epitome- a woman dressed in a turquoise blue with lime green polkadotted outfit (umm-dress??lol) riding her bike on Mont Royal/Papineau intersection... with her face painted to match.
and no one even seemed to notice. lol.

ad said...

Ha ha! They probably thought you were a conceptual artist!