11.16.2009

Things you miss when you work 9 to 5

Now that I’m on my three-day schedule, I’m amazed at all the new discoveries I make every Monday and Friday. Here’s a list of stuff from today:
  • The play of late morning light in my kitchen or early afternoon light in the bedroom.
  • Watching kindergarten children have a leaf fight outside a local school, their educators showing them how to gather and throw the piles.
  • Reading a good novel on the terrasse of Olimpico, the sun warm on my face and coffee-flavoured froth warming my lips.
  • Discovering that the corner café I thought was permanently closed is actually open on weekdays.
  • Seeing what my mailman looks like.

6 comments:

Michael said...

9-to-5,

Water Aerobics class at 9 a.m.
Free coffee at Ikea 9:30 to 10 a.m.
Weekly Meditation class at 9 a.m.
Yoga at 10 a.m.
Therapy Session at 11 a.m.
Internet Blog review any time a.m.

Michael J

Michael said...

Gawd,

What's with all the security hoops to write a comme nt?

Must have had some problem in the past.

Oh well. There is an old Jewish saying that I use when I see something like this:

"Thank god, I'm not a woman"

Don't have any one to stalk me or cause me trouble.
(I hope not, anyway!)

Michael J

ad said...

Your days sound absolutely divine, Michael.
You can stop by any time :)

Moon and Sparrow Sandy said...

- sunny mornings at the dogpark
- afternoon naps
- baths in the morning instead of showers
- cooking big breakfasts

roseanne said...

As a newbie "person-who-works-from-home," I'm also enjoying all of the above. And: PA on weekday mornings. Life is good!

ad said...

Roseanne - we'll need to have a "business" meeting one afternoon to discuss these very important matters.

:)