1.08.2008

The demise of "pervert"

Is anyone else relieved that the dark lords of political correctness have yet to pounce upon the word "pervert"? I heard it used on the radio not too long ago during a newscast and I instinctively flinched in sympathy - thinking that the newscaster was probably going to get the tonguelashing of his life for using such a word.

But no.

He continued to use "pervert" in every newscast thereafter. "Is the news director on vacation," I asked out loud to my toothbrush. Surely, the use of the word "pervert" surely was degrading and demoralizing to the thousands of sexual predators prowling school yards every day in search of their salvation.

I am eager to see what the talking heads will come up with as an argument for getting rid of "pervert". I am equally interested to see what they'll propose as alternatives. Any guesses?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Being a pervert myself, I do not find this term degrading or offensive. It has been miss-used by many and stollen from us by pedofiles and bondage afficionados. If you are to get to know a pervert, your opinion will change!

Steve said...

I vote for "Republican"