6.16.2008

Ms. Julie does Toronto: Day Three

Now today was fun.

Yesterday, we didn't quite know how to proceed and the aisles were crowded with hordes of attendees grabbing at the free stuff so circulating was a dangerous business. If you've ever been to a trade show, apparently it's not surprising to see people racing up and down, cramming swag into their wheeled luggage or six tote bags with as much speed as possible. If you're not vigilant, the attendees will upend you and take your shoes.

And don't ask about the crush when the word got out that a publisher had chocolate cupcakes at their booth.
My only loot: a canvas bag from McGill Queen's University Press. Thanks Jacqui!

The crowds were thinner today, and Francesca and I actually got a chance to take candid shots of Ms. Julie (tenderly, lovingly) showing her appreciation for some Quebec English-language writers. Needing more snaps for Ms. Julie's soon-to-be-published blog, I also accosted a Vehicule Press marketing guy, and read to a marketing rep from DK while he reclined on a couch. They didn't seem to hate it.

Pictures will be posted soon. I have the pdfs on my desktop but blogger cannot display that format. I have some more intelligent comments to make about my first foray into the world of publishing, but I will deal with that when my stomach isn't grumbling.

Bref, I just arrived back in Montreal, I'm taking the day off tomorrow, there's nothing to eat in my house, and I'm trying not to get upset about the ant infestation in my kitchen. Tiny little bastards.

Is there a trend?
Notable sighting: Woman at BookExpo wearing tshirt that reads:
I love my Canadian beaver.

No comments: