6.22.2008

Moving the bedroom

Big decisions to be made, I tell ya'. Now that I've been living here for almost four months, I've started to get some ideas about how better to arrange my living space.

Some people are visionaries and can see the possibilities in 3D as soon as they walk into a new room. Others (this is me) need to understand how they function - and navigate - in a new space before they can understand how it needs to change to be more ergonomically/aesthetically pleasing.

Context
Currently, the bedroom is in the front, with its window directly below the outside staircase. The living room is dominated by a huge TV that I don't turn on more than twice a week, and the back room is still the repository for all stuffy stuff I can't deal with at the moment. Although I still toy with the thought of getting a roomie, I think I just need to move ahead with the improvements.

Challenges
  • The bedroom is too big for me
  • The TV takes up too much space
  • The back room needs to be organized
  • My stone Buddha is cute on the floor, but he needs a home
Creative solutions
  • Move the bedroom to the back room (but keep the closet up front)
  • Turn my current boudoir into the entertainment/TV room (must purchase new couch)
  • Change current living room into a détente area with lots of colourful cushions and pretty tapestries
  • Move Buddha into the détente area??
Does anyone have any ideas? Suggestions? Who wants to help me paint? I'll need some premium primer to cover up the sheep. I haven't even thought about the bathroom yet... buh.

Hey, speaking of getting rid of stuff, remember that brilliant Ikea commercial by Spike Jonez? Let's see it again...


No comments: