6.12.2008

Yoga inversions

I want to salamba sirsasana so badly, it's amazing that I am able to function. Supported headstand is one of the hardest positions I have had the pleasure of working on, and I'm so close to getting it!

I can scoot my booty parallel to my hips and I can even lift my legs without having to kick up (thanks abs!). My last hurdle is that my legs tend to fall against the wall once I'm up. I need to get that tailbone action going to keep my legs - and pelvis - aligned straight up.

Soon, Palanca, soon.

Lesson for the day: in yoga - as with other things in life - time and practice is the only path to success. If it takes me another three months to get it right, then I look forward to salamba-ing like crazy in September.

So be patient in every thing you do today. You're getting closer to the goal. I promise.

1 comment:

Anne C. said...

Wow! I just feel like I'm starting to really "get" yoga after eight years of practice. And the head stand is a big scary thing for me, achieved only once in 2003. So, hang in there!