6.08.2008

Why I'm not posting tonight

I'm not posting tonight because I'm too busy writing. With a pen. On paper. Like in the good old days.

I'm reworking Chapter One with a red pen. Then I'm going to write in my journal with green ink. Then I'm going to make a shopping list with a pencil. Yes, I'm still a dinosaur sometimes. Yes, there's a greater chance of my getting a splinter than carpal tunnel syndrome. But I like the feel of a pencil sticking to your thumbprint when you press too hard. I like the smudge of ink pens sometimes leave on your writer's bump.

In the meanwhile, to learn more about my unhealthy obsession with stationary products, read this article I wrote when I was studying Italian at McGill.


2 comments:

ad said...

Anne: Yes, I am copying you.
But it's all flattery.

Anne C. said...

Gosh, I'm so heat-addled, I didn't even notice!