4.08.2008

The Energi to go has arrived!

My excitement at receiving a parcel at work yesterday afternoon was only rivaled by the contents. The Energi to go i-Pod charger has arrived! Wheee!

A few weeks ago I was contacted by a marketing agency in Toronto. Apparently someone west of the 40 read my blog and identified me as a potential influencer. They offered to have me try out this neat-o product on the left - in return, I would pass the message on to friends and my thousands *ahem* of blog readers, i.e. you.

I said "yes" for the following reasons.

1) I'm an incredibly lazy iPod recharger. I cannot tell you how many times A and M have heard me exclaim, "It's okay, everything's fine, there's no emergency, I'm sure I'll be fine...[nervous laugh]" because my iPod batteries have run out during a crucial creative moment. Also, because I don't really use my computer much at home, when I do plug the iPod in, my Mac-ie inevitably falls asleep before the charging is done. Basically, my iPod is always half charged.

2) As a writer who produces a lot of copy for online marketing campaigns, I have frequently added viral components to the projects we work on. Also, as a cynical Web user, the only offers/jokes/newsletters I pass on to family and friends have to be pretty spectacular.

I'm excited to see what it's going to be like at the other end of a viral campaign - i.e. the end where I get to see just how - and how quickly - information really flows.

3) I find it hard to say no to people who like my blog and think I'm quasi-important.

So stay tuned amigos! I will trying out this new on-the-go recharger as of tomorrow and I promise to report on the progress - good or bad.


PS. I went to yoga today!

2 comments:

Anne C. said...

Or maybe I erased that comment because of jealousy!

ad said...

I have some lovely coupons I could share with you - then will you be my friend? Please? [upper lip quivering]