4.19.2008

Energi to go update

So the Energi to go portable iPod recharger thing is quite useful. I don't have to remember to charge the iPod at home or grind my teeth at work when I see the green bar diminishing too rapidly.

It's the perfect solution for lazy iPod owners like myself who rely on their babies to make it through the day.

I have only two concerns.

1) When my iPod is plugged into the dock, I worry that the dock will fall over because my baby is heavier than the dock. And since I have a thick black cord running from my earphones to the iPod, I'm also afraid that if I tug at the cord, it will send my baby - and the dock - crashing. To remedy the situation, I have created a little nest composed of gloves or scarves to catch her if she does topple over.

2) The whole lithium battery thing. Recyclable or not? Expensive? How long will they last me? These concerns don't discourage me from wanting to use the product, so much as they make me question how often I'll use it. For example, maybe only using the Energi to go for emergency situations and not for easy top-ups every two days. I want a charged iPod, but I would also like to leave a small ecological footprint in this life. (Have I mentioned my soon-to-arrive weekly organic produce? And the composter?)

And thanks for the fantastico Energizer bunny. He has brought great joy to my co-workers who regularly beat his little drum and play with his ears in moments of reflection. We've named him Alan.




No comments: