4.17.2008

eTalk Daily

I was just watching eTalk Daily and I'm feeling a little nauseous.

1) They interviewed Emily Haines and another member of Metric whose name escapes me to talk about Metric's next album. They had Emily and Male #1 sitting on a couch. There was kibbitzing. There was a little giggling. Emily was being coquette-ish under her blond fringe. And all I could think was, "Are these the same people responsible for Old world underground, Where are you now? Has underground music gone all Hollywood? This is more disturbing than the Joel Plaskett Emergency selling tube socks for Zellers... How did they get roped into this? What is the matter with TV producers in Toronto? Can they stop over-blushing Tanya Kim, please?

2) Smarmy Ben Mulroney was waaay too chipper when he announced how I too could learn how to glow like Feist.

3) They had commercials for Canadian Idol. This whole Canadian Idol thing isn't working for us. Maybe it's more successful in the United States because the country is so big, the population so enormous, that without a platform like American Idol, so many talents would go unnoticed. Is the Canadian music scene more vibrant than the U.S. music scene because we're a smaller country, with a smaller population?

I'm going to make myself some warm milk and read. Much less nausea-inducing.


No comments: