5.17.2009

Home decor

I think I'm falling in love with my home. I mean, it's been a pretty heavy crush for the last year and a bit, but our relationship has changed recently - deepened.

What really changed things was my decision to beautify the place. New closet doors. Wall hangings. Photo gallery. Fresh coat of paint. New curtains. I still don't have enough furniture to fill the space, but what is here looks prettier - more "me".

I even backed out of a girls' shopping weekend in Burlington to spend the weekend repainting my bedroom. My mom's manning the roll and I've got the paintbrush. She's also in charge of sweeping up all the cobwebs in my bedroom (no jokes, svp).

Once this room is done, I think my home and I will definitely be going steady.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear that! Since the boy moved in, I've had to acknowledge spaces I've been ignoring for a very long time. But the good news is, it got me into gardening, and the backyard is loving it.

Otherwise, a fresh coat of paint is probably the biggest makeover you could give to any room, and a surprisingly quick way to turn it into your own.

ad said...

I couldn't believe what a fresh coat of white paint on the trim can do alone. It's been a very good weekend - very productive - but now I'm feeling a little broken...

Unknown said...

That should pass tomorrow, when you come home after a long day at work to your new home. You'll feel "it" then, and there won't be anything broken about it.