5.14.2008

Favourite quotes from other blogs

I know some amazing writers. Here are some excerpts.

Funniest: SoulAfrodisiac - "Monday Madness"

R Kelly and his pedophile ass: I am hoping that this is the last time that I even have to give any kind of attention to this idiot on my page. I do not and have not supported this man on his musical journey for a very long time now–genius or not. I believe the last album that I own from this sicko is The Chocolate Factory and that's only because I had to review it for a magazine. There is no way I would spend money to help his defense team get him off! So to think that this idiot had the nerve to try and get his trial delayed YET again, just proves to me that he has something to hide. And now news surfaces about a young lady who is going to testify to being a participant in a three way with The Pied Piper (he obviously didn't think out that nickname properly) is on the horizon. Oh boy, Robert–just say it was you and deal with the consequences that your peeing-on-young-girls nasty self got into. Dutty, just dutty.

Sweetest: Eventually Clever - "Tarantino Parenting"

I’m long past my wide-eyed fixation with the Tarantino oeuvre (though I confess that Death Proof looks pretty sweet), but soundtracks keep running through my head, and I’m passing them along to my children.

Smartest: Anne Chudobiak - "Awkward a la Montreal"

I
also recognize one of the authors, although it takes a while for me to figure out why. I don’t know him, but I know his features. I’ve seen them on his young son. Once, at the library, when Junior was going through some kind of violent preschooler phase, he’d leapt out of the stacks to attack a younger, smaller, infinitely more fragile toddler, whose mother, my friend, promptly freaked out, making me feel sad for the author’s wife. The kid hadn’t really hurt anyone, and it was definitely my most memorable trip to the library ever. I’d seen her wandering the streets alone with him, waiting for him to outgrow that particular phase. That was a long while ago now. Last fall, when my daughter went for her first sleepover, her friend’s older brother invited a friend, too. It was the library attacker in a much calmer, happier, more mature form. He had the top bunk. By all accounts, it went well. I believe there were pancakes for everyone in the morning.

Sharpest: Cinoche Teloche ou Fardoche - "Vantage Point"
(also merits best integration of video)

Je n’étais pas allé au cinoche depuis au moins 7 jours alors je me suis dit allons donc voir une marde.
Mon choix s’est arrêté sur Vantage Point.
Vantage Point de Pete Travis est un film qui sous ses allures ambitieux et maitrisés n’est rien d’autre qu’un thriller mal foutu, très mal écrit et platement mis en scène.
Le problème avec les thrillers ou films policier américains de nos jours c’est que depuis la série 24, tout doit être rapide, bien orchestré et haletant. Le spectateur en demande toujours plus et souvent, comme c’est le cas ici, toute logique est laissée au vestiaire au dépend de pivots scénaristiques qui ne tiennent pas la route ou de rebondissements surprises stupides et inutiles. Comme si on se disait qu’en donnant au film un rythme effréné personne ne s’apercevra de l’incohérence de son ensemble.

5 comments:

Tha Connoisseur said...

You like the R Kelly bit huh? You know there's so much more from where that came from. Every Monday you get to hear me get "ignorant". I know you love and miss it!!

ad said...

The best part is - I can actually hear you getting angry and I love it. It was hard to pick between the R Kelly and the Dereon (WTF!) bit.

Tha Connoisseur said...

Oh lawd Beyonce and her mother need some advertising counseling...SERIOUSLY.

Oh my and now I am not sure if i should still continue liking Vantage Point...lol

ad said...

Never mind B and her mother - what parent would allow their child to be in that modelling shoot??? They should be locked in a room with the Pied Piper...

Anne C. said...

Wow, thanks, for the mention, and for the links. You might not realize it, but you have become my cultural advisor: Vampire Weekend, Aux Vivres, Borderline. I've even been considering going to a sex shop for that honey powder.

Happy Analyticizing!