5.08.2008

Photo shoot: Prep

For those of you who haven't heard - I'm going to be in an ad campaign.

(it's ok, just laugh it out, the thought of my being a model is rather funny so don't be embarrassed)

I haven't really discussed the details in order to preserve the campaign's punch, but as the photo shoot is tomorrow and Saturday, I think it's safe to start leaking some details.

Today I went shopping with F. (the project coordinator) and S. (the stylist). S. was able to guess my skirt size in a half-glance and correctly estimated by bra size despite the jacket and scarf. I was in awe of her from moment one. The day consisted of following the amazing S. from shop to shop as she impeccably chose the exact right item for my character. Close-fitting silver skirt. Fitted white shirt. High-heeled Mary Janes.

If you're at a loss as to who we are trying to emulate with these clothes, think about it a little harder and it should come to you.

In short, I spent a lot of time in changing rooms, happily slipping in or out of whatever was given to me. Although I am generally not a big fan of shopping, it was a thoroughly pleasant experience. And not only because we were able to find everything we needed (as S. confirmed, "the shopping goddess was with us today").

I loved it because I was not required to be intelligent or charming or talented. I could be a totally empty vessel, valued more for the sum of her limbs than for the contents of my brain. Today, I was no more than hips, waist, breasts, shoulders, calves and feet. All that mattered was how I looked. Not once did I have to think about trains or analytics or whether it's better to write website in one word or two (one, obviously).

I think I may have successfully *turned off* my brain today. And it felt good.

Tomorrow: they dress me up and take pictures of me all day. Wheee!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it! I'm so excited about this campaign.

p.s. I think the shopping goddess has been with you a lot, lately. All of those pretty dresses!