5.24.2008

Housewarming party tips

Busy, busy day today. Pendaison de la housewarming is tonight, and I need to empty the fridge, stash the breakables, get ice, etc.

I awoke early, my brain already running through a shopping list before my feet hit the ground. I've been keeping a steady pace since then, but my brain is dwelling on more bittersweet matters as I putter and neaten.

There are a lot of important people that won't be there tonight - whether it's a question of distance, previous engagements, or social damage control. So this post is a shout-out to everyone that can't be here tonight. 

You're being missed hardcore and I wish like crazy that you could be here. mucho. xx

Now excuse me while I go buy some cushions (people have to sit somewhere, no?)

To end off, here are some Martha Stewart entertaining ideas that won't be wowing guests at my party tonight. Just because I'm not inclined to make a flag sheet cake, that doesn't mean my readers shouldn't have the opportunity to learn how. So patriotic!


NB. Exciting news! I seem to have received a comment from someone I don't immediately recognize! I have deduced that the comment was written on a French keyboard - tell-tale space between the last word and the exclamation points - but beyond that, it could be just about anyone. Whee!

2 comments:

Tha Connoisseur said...

I wish I was there to relish in the excitement of your new digs!! I guess we will just have to have a private party diva! Bacioni ;) (like my italian?)

ad said...

Sounds like you were having a pretty wicked party of your own, miss thing.

Born-day week indeed - I'm going to have to start using that...