5.05.2008

My other careers

I always said that if I hadn't been a writer, I would have either been:

1) a baker of bread
2) a restorer of old things
3) a cutter-up of bodies (I was into forensics way before CSI)

But after having visited a few architectural and landscape design studios on Sunday, I think I may have discovered a fourth... a maker of scale models. When I saw those models of gardens and community centres, I knew that I too could find great pleasure is cutting tiny strips of paper and folding them onto a pin to make a tree. Or cutting and gluing strips of cardboard to make the walls of a new summer chalet. The thrill I got to see tiny balconies cut from plexiglass! So tiny. So happy.

 Did I mention that I'm baking bread tonight?


NB. Any good book suggestions? Although I still have a lot of my Renoir book left to read, I'm running low. I wanted to get that bio by Diablo Cody. Any other good suggestions floating out there?

1 comment:

ad said...

Going... into... carb... coma...