3.26.2009

Tango lesson 9

Three huge developments last week:

1) I now have enough skills now that I think I can get through a tango (with someone other than my usual partners) without embarassing myself.

2) Now when I listen to tango music, I want to dance.

3) And finally, a good piece of advice from Bulent: "If you feel the energy pulling you forward, then just go forward. Instead of hesitating, it's better to just go and make a mistake. That's the only way you'll learn."

I cannot wait for next week's class...

4 comments:

siobhan curious said...

"If you feel the energy pulling you forward, then just go forward. Instead of hesitating, it's better to just go and make a mistake. That's the only way you'll learn."

Advice to be applied to everything.

ad said...

And yet - so not intuitive.

We are genetically programmed to hesitate - probably left over from the days when we were prey. Although hesitating is very beneficial in many instances, I definitely have difficulty understanding when it's time to pass from hesitancy to action.

And there is a crucial moment there that most of us miss.

Alston Adams said...

I wonder where I am hesitating in life...

ad said...

I have a list... and I think it's getting longer. Somehow.